Employers agree that the nation's college graduates are not prepared with the 21st century skills to succeed in the workplace. 50% of high school dropouts say that they left school because they didn't think they were learning things that mattered to their future. Put simply, we're not empowering our kids to be more successful than the generations who came before them.
At Junior Achievement, we believe that education from kindergarten to twelfth grade should be built on a bridge of engagement between classroom and community. Together with our educational partners, we can make learning relevant to every student's future by infusing authenticity, business connectivity, and real role models into the everyday learning experience.
Who are we
Junior Achievement is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students in grades K-12 about financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship, reaching more than 8 million students in 100 countries worldwide.
Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches & Treasure Coast has been transforming lives since 1981 through its innovative, hands-on financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship K-12 programs.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning.